Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Is it really August already???

Well, hello. Seems I temporarily ditched this blog -- but no, still here, though I am leaving the house in just a few minutes. To EXERCISE. Yes! I jump-started yet another exercise routine in July -- brisk walking in the a.m.'s out at a local path in a lovely nearby park. I'm really enjoying it, despite this horrendous heatwave. In any case I've been managing to walk 5 or 6 times a week. And I swear it's really making a marked difference in my energy level....

My eating? It's taken a step or two backwards this summer I'd wager. I haven't been as on top of it as I was this past spring -- there's been some overeating, some snacking. The good news is that the garden produce is really rolling in now, so I'm desperately eating lots of delicious fresh veggies in order to keep up with the abundance. Namely zucchini, summer squash, cucumbers, onions, basil, and tomatoes. Wonderful. The bad news is that I'm eating copious amounts of the high-cal zucchini bread, right along with the low-cal baked zucchini strips. Plenty 'o rich 'n' fattening basil pesto, in addition to the lean, basil-sprinkled vegetable stir fries. So, here I am exercising regularly yet again, but with sloppy-ish eating patterns -- when before I was eating decently, but with little physical activity.

Wow, can you imagine what might happen if I could just coordinate the two efforts???? (Hmmm. Must. Try.)

In the meantime, I'm just glad I'm back to moving around again. It feels really, really good....

No comments: