Friday, August 15, 2008

Healthy Attitude

I've had some awesome workouts at the gym this week, and have been feeling all around generally positive and strong these last several days. For one thing, "Aunt Flo" from "Red Creek Farm" came and went in regards to her monthly visit. That always has the effect of making me feel like a new person (well, for a few short days anyway -- until the cycle begins all over again that is). Also, the weather has been fantastic --sunny with comfortable, low dew points and reasonable temperatures (and in August no less --how weird). High heat and humidity always saps my energy and makes me feel sluggishly, so I've definitely had this in my favor lately (thank you global warming?).....

Whatever the cause, I feel strong and capable right now. Small things really, just in everyday life -- but which make such a difference in my attitude. Carrying groceries into the house with minimal effort and slinging the bags around with abandon, for example. Running up two flights of stairs in search of a restroom in an old building the other day -- just for fun. Gardening with a frenzy whenever the mood strikes. Rarely, if ever, getting sick. Long and enjoyable bike rides. Poking and fondling the bulkiness that is my contracted bicep -- yep, it's definitely in there all right, getting ever bigger and stronger (even if it is still pretty much hidden-- oh well!). Seeing my friends eyes widen in unexpected surprise when I force THEM to feel said rippling biceps, heh. Just all around improved energy and mood. So yeah --despite no dramatic weight loss (hey, a gal could dream, couldn't she?) ... nor even, in my case, ANY weight loss (nada,zero, zilch -- yep), these last 7 months of working out have made great physical, as well as psychological, improvements.....

I *FEEL* better, healthier -- and that's nothing to sneeze at.....

No comments: