Monday, May 22, 2006

Monday Musings

Yay, it's Monday, and I have my life back again. Big project over with, whew....

I'm happy to report that I have been continuing to avoid the disordered eating. However, it is getting on to be that lovely PMS time again -- always a test for my resolve.

I admit that I did have a slight brush with disorder last Friday night, after I attended a party. It was a very nice party, with offerings of expensive imported beer. Oh dear -- how partial am I to expensive imported beer. I rarely indulge, but here it was staring me in the face -- free alcohol. Free EXPENSIVE alcohol. I had 1 1/2 bottles, definitely enough to make me feel the effects. I came home from the party at 1:30 a.m. -- ravenous. I think it was the brew. I was starved, or in my impairment THOUGHT I was anyway -- and came home and raided the fridge. Happily, since the pickings were VERY slim there wasn't much to raid. So not much damage as a result. I will have to watch the alcohol connection in the future though -- if it wasn't for the party and the beer, I would have been in bed hours earlier and would never have even given food or eating another thought....

I'm still applying the Shangri-la Diet principles into my daily life. And I really do believe it is helping with appetite control. It still feels a little ...'funny' -- but, at least I've read the book now, grabbing it at the bookstore the other day, and have a good understading of the theory behind it all. It's easy enough to do, and honestly seems effective so far. I haven't weighed myself in awhile now, but my clothes (the previously too-tight X-mas Jeans in particular) are feeling pleasantly comfortable these days.

No comments: