Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Another Day

Me, again. Indeed, here to once again resurrect this wee, neglected journal.... It's definitely time.

Well, what can I say? Life's a journey, no...?

It has been in the back of my mind for ages, this little blog, whereby I've been Thinking about it and Ruminating upon it and Considering crawling back to begin writing within it once again -- wondering if I was ready for it, and if not, just when might I be. And whether it would help.

I mean certainly, of course I KNOW it helps, journaling absolutely helps -- and yet, I also understand that that is true for myself only if/when my head honestly is in the right place. To truly initiate the necessary changes. Only I knew it wasn't. Not at the time, and possibly not anytime soon. Not while my disordered emotionally-charged overeating was raging out of control again.

So I continued to work on it, all along gently talking to myself, psyching my mind up bit by bit, taking baby steps. Making little bargains with myself. Perusing a few on-topic books. Riding out some hurdles. Getting certain things out of the way. Surfing the web for inspiration. Decluttering. Testing the waters. Experiencing a few false starts.

All this in order to re-establish the mindset necessary to Change, specifically in regards to my disordered overeating. To reign the demons and resume control again -- yes, it takes all of this hullabaloo, for whatever reason. Plus Time. MONTHS of it. Amazing just how long it takes actually. Is it like this for alcoholics, this psyche building process, in order to take the leap to recovery? Drug addicts? Well, at any rate..., finally, finally .... Finally I arrived at that critical juncture whereby I could truly commit again.

I'm ready now -- and happy and relieved to state I've made excellent, health supporting food choices for the last several days, keeping the emotionally disordered, overeating demons at bay ....

Already I'm feeling so much better, and not quite the stranger to myself ....

No comments: