Monday, July 28, 2008

To (P)each His Own....

Lots of biking still, with my daughter. Plus, lately I've been getting out the bike when I have small errands to run. Saves gas....

In regards to my food consumption -- the overeating demons have raised their ugly heads here and there in the past week. My spirits took a small dive this past weekend for example -- not even sure the cause of that, BUT, since I'm an emotional eater/a stress eater/a low point eater/a high point eater/a celebratory eater/a sympathetic eater/a boredom eater/an avoidance eater/a nervous eater/a depression eater/a happy eater/an angry eater/an excitement eater, and whatever other kind of emotion you can possibly think of..., I felt... can you guess??? Indeed, the overwhelming desire to EAT and consume FOOD! When I wasn't hungry!

Fortunately, I've been managing to stick to the McDougalling, even in the face of these hideous compulsions. So while I was likely eating too much? At least it's been too much of the oil-free broccoli brown rice stir-fry, or the fresh pico-de-gallo topped, scratch-simmered pinto beans, or quick-microwaved sweet potatoes. My refined sugar intake continues to be very low, as has my overall fat consumption (successfully avoiding the peanut butter, the tahini, the tofu, the olive oil, etc. And No Dairy -- nada, none, zilch. So maybe there hasn't been too terribly severe damage?)

I went grocery shopping on Sunday, hungry no less (living dangerously here) -- but was able to stick to the basics I went for (fresh veg and fruit, a few canned goods, etc) with very little temptation. The one questionable thing I did buy was the package of frozen, microwavable soft pretzels -- they were just looking awfully tasty to me in my famished state, and checking out the label I was surprised to find the ingredients weren't as dreadful as I was anticipating -- not too many added chemicals (none unpronounceable), and no added oils. Yes to the white flour nastiness -- but with a mere 1 gram of fat per serving they didn't seem too terribly sinful, and into my cart they were tossed (with a few into my stomach later on)....

I've also been eating lots of fresh peaches -- peaches, peaches and more peaches. We love our fresh fruit around here -- so when the opportunity to purchase a bushel of peaches presented itself we took advantage. And if eating too many gorgeous, juicy-sweet fresh Georgia peaches is wrong? I don't wanna be right....

No comments: