Thursday, April 13, 2006

Blue Lue's Blue Jeans

I'm wearing the previously mentioned brand-new, never worn, L.L.Bean, Relaxed Fit, Size 18 Women's jeans I got last X-mas, and hadn't been able to get into, until now. They zip without lying down, and that's good enough for me. Slightly tighty -- but they're stretching a little already. My old jeans are in the wash, and I needed something to wear -- besides it's getting so warm this spring already that if I don't start wearing them now it'll be too hot before long....

Yesterday was another day of non-disordered eating for me. Three meals, and only a little sanctioned snacking. That was on a small bit of candy I made a point of purchasing for myself yesterday afternoon, while shopping for my kids' easter goodies, and staring down bags upon bags of pounds upon pounds of discounted brand-name chocolate in the aisles of Big Lots (actually, chocolate isn't a huge temptation for me anyway, for some reason. A small one sometimes, but not huge.). I did select purposefully for myself an interesting candy item that caught my eye -- a sour cherry something or other, in a tube, because I am partial to sweet/tart things --but, upon trying it, it wasn't that exciting and was happy to toss most of it. Whatever....

I noticed I did feel a little pick-sy at dinner though. That was a typical eating pattern of mine for years-- to eat a serving of a meal, and then maybe even a second serving. Fine. But THEN to continue complusively picking at the food, putting little dibs and dabs on my plate -- dibs and dabs, dabs and dibs -- until it finally amounted to who knows how much. And me not even being fully aware of what I was doing. Last night what I made for dinner tasted good to me, and after my first serving I did feel that momentary urge to 'pick' at it a little. But, I recognized that old habit, and stopped.

No comments: