Friday, April 28, 2006

Holy Guacamole

So I went to the little event last night, and it was pleasant enough. I ended up not wearing the black jeans, because I just couldn't come up with a suitable top to pair with them that I felt truly comfortable in. The only top I really wanted to wear was my favorite -- a long, slightly A-line, v-neck, black, very thinly knit sweater, and though I still love wearing black (ex goth from 20 years ago that I am), black on black is, even for me, just too much black for daylight hours. I ended up wearing my new (x-mas) faded blue jeans instead (that FIT -- wooh!). Because I know myself well enough to understand that I'm much better off erring on the slightly casual side, and NOT feeling fat -- versus looking less casual, but feeling Fat.... Does that make sense?

But oh, my favorite sweater. Wish I had one in every color. It suits my body shape Just Right. It fits Exactly So. That's not easy to find with my long torso action. But, I picked it up second hand at a charity sale a few years back. Who knows where it came from originally. If only I could knit with any proficiency (I'm terrible at it, and not for lack of trying) -- I'd whip out about 15 of them....

The spread last night was delightful. There was guacamole, and salsa. A cheese and veggie tray. There were grapes. There were the most beautiful chocolate-covered strawberries. Sushi (a good portion of it vegetarian I was very happy to see), and a lovely assortment of desserts. And wine ( I savored my half-glass). I left for home feeling a l-i-t-t-l-e full. Was I disordered? Well, as I predicited, it did turn out to be my dinner, plus I was busy all day and had had hardly any lunch. Mostly I was snarfing the veg sushi, and the guacamole (scooping it up more with the veggies than the chips, which were thin and breaky). And grapes. A little cheese. I had one covered strawberry (I'd chosen the white chocolate -- but the covering looked yummier than it tasted, so I cracked it off and ate the berry plain). It's funny how I'm not really all that into desserts, considering that I have what I still classify as a sweet tooth (it never occurs to me to order desserts at restaurants, for example). Out of all the lovely eclairs, petit fors, cannolis, and cakes -- I selected one very small little, unidentified puffy thing. It turned out to be coffee-flavored mousse, or something? -- well, I like coffee fine enough, but I guess it wasn't what I was in the mood for. So I left most of it. But when it comes to sushi and guac? --Hey, I'll wrestle you to the GROUND, Sistah...!

No comments: