Saturday, April 22, 2006

Jean Queen

This morning I am wearing The Jeans -- the x-mas ones (LLBean, Size 18, Wide leg, Women's) that did not fit me until now. I'm sitting in them, and they do not cut off my circulation! Yeah!

Yesterday, I felt the faintest stirrings of wanting to 'snack' a bit, or graze, for the first time in a long while. I'd had my breakfast, I'd had lunch -- but still felt that old familiar feeling of just wanting to 'piece' around in the kitchen a bit more, to open the refridgerator, peer into the cabinets. It wasn't a real strong impulse, just a small one. But I did feel the tiniest flickers of it. And I'm not sure why either. There wasn't any particular 'trigger' that I could think of. A busy morning and day, yes -- but nothing that I'm not used to, what with as busy and active a family as mine. It did occur to me that I'm pretty much in the middle of my menstrual cycle. I have no idea if that has a thing at all to do with anything -- although I do think I've noticed subtle changes in appetite/snackiness according to where I am in my moon time (you too?). Perhaps it would be a good idea to keep track of the feelings vs. the calendar, to see if I recognize some sort of pattern. At any rate, it felt sort of like, "Danger, danger, Will Robinson!". I admit I feel very protective of my young and fragile 'sobriety'. VERY protective. Falling off the wagon somehow and going back to food slavery would surely do me in, I swear. I refuse to return to that crazy emotional/compulsive eating lifestyle....

My solution was to simply leave the house -- it was a gorgeous day and my garden was calling me. I rent a small plot at a community garden in a nearby park, and hadn't touched it yet this spring due to lack of time. Well, I made up for that, spending hours and hours out there yesterday afternoon. I chopped and shaped, spaded and hoed, turning patch upon patch of dirt -- very physical, and very, very tiring. Whew. I'm sore! But what great exercise -- can't be beat. And now my garden beds are mostly ready for planting -- my next step, as soon as I can get to it. We are an all-vegetable loving, vegetarian family around here, my husband and kids too. We love our veggies, and we love our fruits. I can hardly wait for our little garden to start producing the good stuff (although that will still be awhile though, sigh).....

No comments: