Saturday, April 15, 2006

license to ill

We'll be leaving this afternoon for an out-of-state trip, to visit my husband's granny, as we do every year, for Easter. There will be gobs of Easter candy and most likely a few restaurant meals thrown in --particularly to a buffet-style place or two in her little town. The food's not great at these establishments, and I'm vegetarian besides, so that limits my selection considerably -- still, it hasn't stopped me from managing to over-indulge to the nth degree in the past. Our family doesn't eat out often (due primarily to the expense) and I still very much have the 'Dining Out is a Big and Rare Treat' mentality sometimes, like it's some sort of license to go nuts and fill my plate to the brim. I have to remind myself that it's just food. Just food. (And not even particularly good food at that)....

1 comment:

Working Lady said...

Holidays are the worst! Especially ones where the major food choice is candy. I have a hard enough time finding "diet" food and I eat grilled chicken. It's amazing that you can find ANYTHING vegie-friendly and good.
Good luck, and let us know how the weekend went!