Sunday, April 30, 2006

Yuk

Another busy, chaotic weekend around here, making me anxious and tired. The dreary, damp/cold weather doesn't help either. Nor does being in the throes of PMS. Actually, I'd like very much to go dig a hole somewhere and hibernate right now....

My appetite was weird yesterday too. I was literally hungry all day, but had a hard time finding anything that I was really interested in eating. Nothing sounded quite right. When I did eat what seemed a reasonable meal or snack (like a homemade, spinach/tofu--filled steamed bun for example), I was STILL gnawingly hungry. And I felt cravings for sweets too -- which I tried to satisfy with several pieces of fruit throughout the day. I have heard that women's bodies actually burn more calories during this premenstrual time of the month -- perhaps that has something to do with it??? At any rate, it's a good thing I wasn't home most of the day or I might have had quite the temptation to forage for munchables in the kitchen....

This morning there were all kinds of goodies at church when I dropped the kids off -- sweet breads, pastries, muffins etc, etc (the leftovers of some sort of event last night). Happily, I wasn't temped by any of it -- despite my sweet tooth yesterday.

No comments: